There are no affiliate links on PagePipe.
TTFB is 2280 milliseconds (includes 500-millisecond SSL handshaking delays).
Canvas theme is 500.4 milliseconds.
WP Core is 201 milliseconds.
Plugins are 663 milliseconds.
This is a way to access potential opportunities for improvement.
We learn the overhead (site drag) is 3.649 seconds. That means without any
content, images, video, recaptcha, or ads etc, the fastest your pages can
possibly load is around 3.6 seconds. Our goal is 2 seconds or 2,000
The average speed for the top-ten pages (actually 11 pages) is 6.355 as
measured with WebPagetest.org. With a range of 5 to 10 seconds.
All plugins listed are free. If you approve these 8 changes, please email the
word “Approved.” And I’ll make the changes within 24 hours.
1. Install and setup LazyLoad for Video plugin. Adding this speeds up YouTube videos — but will not help videos hosted elsewhere. Video usually adds 500 milliseconds per video. Some pages under test have many videos. So this is an instant win for improvement.
2. Deselect Recaptcha in the Contact Form 7 plugin. It adds 500 to 1000 millisecond delays to all pages and post. It should not be used.
3. Remove Akismet which costs $5 per month on sites with ads or affiliate links. Replace it with Anti-spam Bee, a free plugin.4. Run free PNG to JPG convert plugin on the media library. Transparent PNGs are not touched. Almost 4,000 images will be processed.
5. Replace Smush with free Imsanity plugin and run it retroactively on the
media library. This will resize any big images and optimize them to WordPress
default 82 quality.
6. There are other sundry WordPress unused features that can be turned off or on with plugins: including Far Futures Expiration, Gzip compression of code, emojis.
7. Substitute Cache Enabler plugin instead of WP Fastest Cache.
8. Substitute Autoptimize plugin. It is breaking your site CSS styling file. I
would use Better WordPress Minify plugin. After tests, we’ll decide if we should keep minification or not. It’s not important.
These you can hire someone to fix or you can fix them yourself.
1. Remove Elementor. It’s causing 131 ms site drag and is only beneficial on
one page. Keep Thrive.
2. Host Wistia videos on YouTube.
3. Repair two 404-error delays from Google Tag manager. This may require
Google intervention. Not sure. Out of my skill set.
4. Consider doing backups less frequently with Updraft Plus.
5. Migrate away from HostGator to hosting with better TTFB. When clients have money, we place them on Pressidium. We are not an affiliate. Otherwise, we use cheap GoDaddy hosting. Also no affiliation.
6. Change your theme. That is not part of plugin surgery. Use a free default
theme if possible for speed.
7. Optimize animated GIF images with an online compressor and replace them. This will reduce them from around 1.3M to 700k in page weight.8. I don’t recommend changing email service providers. It might save 200 ms
site drag. Ads are much worse. We need ads to make money. So leave email
9. Again, removing the SEO plugin would be beneficial but it’s not super
significant at this point.
Instead of band-aid approaches, we drill down to the root cause of your slow site. This is origin optimization. Also known as site tuning. To do this, we analyze site components:
- Scripts and third-party services.
- Images and media library.
- We minimize globally loading plugin effects.
Find out more details about Site Tuning – Get Speed!