There are no affiliate links on PagePipe.
1. Remove the Beaver Builder theme and plugin. Replace those with Astra (free version) and Elementor pagebuilder (also free version).
(400,000 active Astra installations).
2. Remove Gutenberg block editor with the free Classic Editor plugin.
3. Keep Tawk.To chat functions.
4. Substitute the Gravity Forms plugin with free Contact Form 7. Create a central signup page with footer image link (offloading global page slowdowns). Selectively activate the form plugin for that page only.
5. Substitute Google Captcha reCaptcha features with the free Contact Form 7 Honeypot plugin to prevent robot spam on signup forms.
6. Disable Yoast SEO plugin.
7. Replace WP Smush plugin with free Imsanity plugin and make settings for
best image optimization and automation of future and present media library
8. Change non-transparent PNGs in the media library to JPEG format with 82
quality setting. Minimum setting to pass WebPagetest.org optmization tests.
9. Remove Akismet AntiSpam plugin. Not needed with Disable Comments plugin activated.
10. Remove Stylish Cost Calculator plugin.
11. Remove Multiple Themes plugin. No longer needed.
12. Substitute WP Fastest Cache plugin with free Cache Enabler plugin – if
beneficial and needed after optimization.
13. Disable Email Address Encoder setting to prevent false warnings.
14. Disable the following unneeded WordPress core functions:
- a. oEmbed
- b. emojis
- c. XML-RPC
- d. Gutenberg block editor and related requests.
- e. Remove Query Strings.
15. Replace Google fonts with a mobile-system font stack for speed.
16. Selectively activate Lazy load for YouTube video on page.
17. Optimize the favicon (site icon).
18. Remove Font Awesome icons and replace with PNG image files. Remove
any Font Awesome residue.
19. Replace TrustPilot slider with a static evergreen image.
20. Replace Google Maps on Contact page with a static image link to Google
Maps page (offloading).
21. Replace Fun Statistics animation with static PNG image.
22. Install free Far Future Expiration Plugin set expiry to 1 year.
23. Install free Lazy Load by WP Rocket plugin.
24. All phone numbers are tappable mobile links.
OTHER DESIGN DETAILS
1. CTA Buttons are #e48a42 (muted orange) with rollover #85c145 (lime green).
Fix “Get 1,000 Text Messages for $1!” to match. Keep button in Navigation blue
#0b7dc1 with light blue rollover #2c95d4.
2. We will retroactively optimize the WordPress media library. Maximum image
dimensions will be 2000 x 2000 pixels with a JPEG quality compression setting of 82. Transparent PNGs will be left untouched.
Just want to clarify before we start chasing butterflies:
Want a 100 score on Google PageSpeed Insights?
We don’t consider Google PageSpeed Insights a valid test of website quality. Scores are not as important as actual speed in milliseconds. Speed is a user experience factor. Google doesn’t use PageSpeed Insight criteria for mobile-first ranking. The irony.
We specifically mention this as unacceptable in our terms of Plugin Surgery on:
“We do NOT use speed scores in our evaluations. Scores are a vanity
metrics trap. What matters are measurements of:
- load time in milliseconds
- number of requests
- page weight file size in kilobytes
Our favored test is WebPagetest.org (sponsored on the low-down by Google).
And Pingdom.com speed test for quick, best-case scenarios.”
“Will my page speed scores improve?
Most likely. But … that isn’t our goal. It’s not about scores – but milliseconds of load time improvement. We also work hard to reduce page weight. This is important for mobile users especially.”
We only use WebPagetest.org test benchmarks as evidence of improvement.
WebPagetest is also owned by Google after they began funding the project. This is the test used by professional site optimizers (aka performance engineers).
Our goal is under 2-second page load times.
So it may sound snobbish but that’s how we do it.
Are you onboard with this methodology and measurement? We don’t want
buyer’s remorse because the needle didn’t move on scores.
Instead of band-aid approaches, we drill down to the root cause of your slow site. This is origin optimization. Also known as site tuning. To do this, we analyze site components:
- Scripts and third-party services.
- Images and media library.
- We minimize globally loading plugin effects.
Find out more details about Site Tuning – Get Speed!