There are no affiliate links on PagePipe.
Apple: 44 / 100
And Google expects you to get a perfect 100 / 100? Seriously?
Isn’t Apple the richest company in the world?
You didn’t ask. But let us tell you why we care so much about speed. You might think we’re curious about technology and love creativity. Those are true. But the biggest reason is fast-loading web pages are a kindness.
You’re treating your audience as you’d like to be treated. Your site feels like a good place, a pleasant home. That’s what speed can do. People appreciate your caring. Speed is good user experience.
Our snarky opinionated binge-worthy content isn’t like any other technical website on the internet.
We do custom site-tuning for WordPress performance optimization. Especially for mobile audiences.
Google: 71 / 100
Don’t they own the internet?
Isn’t this invention their own speed test?
Even Google can’t get Google mobile tests right.
Instead of band-aid approaches, we drill down to the root cause of your slow site. We improve site origin optimization. You then avoid increased website annual overhead cost caused by popular and paid plugins and theme rental fees. Also, it reduces hosting costs with cheaper shared servers and no CDN or server cache fees.
The performance goal is two-second page load times or better. Our approach to solving mobile performance problems is unconventional and creative. We always use free resources whenever possible. We provide speed alternatives for International site-owners and developers who use low-cost, shared hosting without CDN.
We analyze site components and find improvement opportunities.
Then, after your approval, we make the changes for you.
PagePipe: 96 / 100!
Better than Google and Apple?
Nah. Better test that yourself.
What you’ll learn from PagePipe:
- Speed metrics – such as a ‘score’ – don’t mean “Shinola.” Rubbish.
- Plugins may not be all bad – and not all plugins slow your site.
- The number of plugins doesn’t matter. The quality (good code and small size) of the plugin matters.
- There are free software and plugins that do a better job than more expensive premium products and services.
- An SEO plugin is not needed. Ever.
- Google lies.
- Software makers lie. Or omit the truth.
- Affiliate marketing models cause untrustworthy publisher bias.
- Website speed is about being polite to your visitors.
- and more – of course.
Do You Trust Speed Tests?
Bogus vanity metrics do not represent a good load time for your site speed. This client homepage loads in over 6 seconds on desktop – with perfect green scores. The goal is under 2 seconds!
“One of the best websites about site speed I’ve ever read is Pagepipe.com by Steve Teare. If you’re looking for a way to DIY site speed, read his site. It’s an absolute gem (and Steve is a great guy and writer).”
—Jon Dykstra, https://fatstacksblog.com/
PagePipe Site Tuning Services for Speed
Instead of band-aid approaches, we drill down to the root cause of your slow site. This is origin optimization. Also known as site tuning. To do this, we analyze site components:
- Scripts and third-party services.
- Images and media library.
- We minimize globally loading plugin effects.
Find out more details about Site Tuning – Get Speed!